At ServiceMaster by Wright, we believe that your utmost safety is necessary, and that’s why you need to be aware of important storm preparation tips. Homeowners and business owners must take every extra precaution that is available to protect their home and business from the devastating storm or hurricane.
We have prepared some helpful storm preparation tips to help you ensure yours and your family’s safety.
What to Do Before a Storm Strikes?
Prepare These Necessary Things:
Keep the numbers somewhere where you can easily see it, like on the refrigerator or near every phone in your house. Program them in your mobile phone, too.
These essentials will come in handy at these difficult times during the storm.
Equipping for the Hurricane/Storm
ServiceMaster by Wright will help you prepare and equip for the storm. We provide these disaster response services:
Here are some additional things you need to do before the storm arrives:
- Make sure that all electronic devices such as computers and other appliances are unplugged to lower the risk of electrical fires.
- Make sure all electronic communication devices (cell phones, laptops, etc.) are fully-charged so that you can keep tabs on what’s happening around you.
- Ensure that all gas tanks are fully-stocked and working properly so that you will have enough supply even after the storm has passed.
- Place all important documents in sealed plastic bags to avoid getting damaged.
- Ensure that your hurricane shutters are up and fully secured to ensure added safety to your home.
Although these precautions cannot ensure the full safety of your home or business, they can at least help you prepare for what’s to come. It’s always better to be safe and prepared all the time. An IIRC-certified company, such as ServiceMaster by Wright, will give you around-the-clock attention, and our 24-hour emergency team will work tirelessly to get things back to normal.
If you need post-hurricane property repairs in Florida, contact us right away at (239) 431-9947 for a free, on-site inspection.