We all know how hurricanes and storms can be devastating in Florida. We should have at least an idea or two when it comes to preparing for an incoming hurricane. Some of us prepare for the worst and ready our homes by making it hurricane-proof. We use hurricane-proof windows and materials to protect the exterior of our homes. But what if you have a scheduled trip up north and you are going to leave your vacation house in Florida? How can you prepare your house with the incoming hurricane?
Storm Damage Restoration Service Company In Florida
We all know how unpredictable the weather can be. From localized roof damage as a result of hurricane damage to total structural loss from tornadoes or lightning strikes, ServiceMaster Remediation Services crews are on call 24/7 to quickly secure your property in the case of a storm emergency. We offer storm damage restoration services including:
Here is some Hurricane Preparedness Checklist:
- Assess your risks and know your home’s vulnerability.
- Always safe-keep your insurance documents and keep photos or videos of your home’s interior and exterior appearance so that it will be easy for your insurance filing in the future.
- Know your insurance coverage and if you also have left some vehicles, take note of them, too.
Update your Contact List
- Keep a list of important contact information for your reference.
- Write down contact information for the fire & rescue department, local hospitals, local utilities, local law enforcement, TV stations, radio stations, insurance agent, and also a trusted restoration company.
Know the right person
- Always keep the contact of a friendly neighbor or a relative who lives close by.
- Entrust them a duplicate key to your home to take a look at the interior of your home from time to time.
- You can ask for a favor to check for roof leaks, pipe leaks, or perhaps some mold growth – to make sure everything is covered while you are away.
- Make sure that the restoration company of your choice has an emergency service so that anytime you need some help with any restorations; you can contact them 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We might have missed out on some things, but we believe these are the essential things that you need to take note of before you head up north for a trip. Leaving your home especially there is an incoming hurricane can be worrisome, that’s why you need to be ready for a checklist ahead of time.
What to Expect When Our Professionals Arrive On The Scene
- Once our professionals arrive, they will assess the damage and they will prioritize the cleanup and the repair needs.
- Our top priority is to secure your belongings.
- Our well-trained staff will accomplish this by performing emergency services on your property. Once your property and belongings are secure we will begin the restoration process.
- From drying out the property to cleaning damaged contents our staff will work diligently to restore your property to pre-loss condition.
Get Prepared and Call The Experts
If you don’t have a chosen restoration company yet, you can considerServiceMaster Remediation Services. With more than 45 years of experience in restoration, you can be assured that we have a superb 24/7 emergency service for water and fire damage restoration. We can handle any job large or small to restore your property to pre-disaster condition, we are your partner every step of the way. If you encounter an emergency, give us a call at 954-969-5906. You can count on a fast response!