If you want to transform your smile without the need for unsightly ‘metal train- track’ braces, then look no further. iSmile by Dr. Sonia Olivares offers dental therapeutic services in Doral such as Invisalign, teeth straightening procedure in Doral and teeth straightening procedure in Coral Gables to help you achieve that beautiful smile you’ve always dreamed of, also boosting self-confidence! Invisalign is a popular choice of reshaping teeth service in Doral worn by a range of ages including adults and teenagers and also known to have been the choice of many celebrities!
What are the Benefits of Invisalign Clear Braces
Here we reveal the advantages of Invisalign and why this could be the answer that you’re looking for.
Treatment consists of clear aligners that fit closely against your teeth, allowing them to be almost invisible to the casual observer.
It’s hard to imagine how your teeth will look when straightened but with Invisalign’s innovative technology, there is a custom-made treatment plan.
Throughout treatment, you are provided with a series of custom made aligners to change usually every two weeks, which can be done in the comfort of your own home.
Remove your aligners and eat what you want. There are no limits to what you can eat so long as your aligner is removed before you do.
Tailor-made aligners allow gentle pressure to be applied to the teeth without the pain/discomfort associated with traditional braces.
As the aligners are removable normal daily brushing can resume keeping teeth and gums healthy.
Stages of Invisalign
Does your bite change with Invisalign?
A deep bite
- Sees your upper row of teeth sitting over your lower row of teeth when resting or biting down.
- This misalignment is known to lead to gum problems and wear and tear on your lower teeth.
- A deep bite can also lead to joint discomfort because of the constant tension, often manifesting in neck and shoulder pain.
- Commonly seen as when your lower jaw and therefore lower row of teeth are pushed further past your upper row of teeth.
- In extreme cases, it can seem that the jaw protrudes or juts outwards.
An open bite
- Characterized by your back teeth meeting together when you close your mouth, but your front teeth don’t meet and there is a gap between upper and lower.
- This happens when something stops your jaw from working or resting properly, leading to pain and stiffness that may travel through your body.
- A crossbite can leave your gums exposed in some places, elevating your chances of developing gum disease, and your jawbone could also become weak as a result of it being held in an incorrect position.
- Gapped teeth mean that areas of your gums and the sides of your teeth are left unprotected, leading to a higher chance of plaque and bacteria build-up.
Overly crowded teeth
- Overcrowded teeth create uneven surfaces in your mouth that are difficult to clean properly.
- These hard-to-reach places make great hideouts for plaque and bacteria, increasing your chances of developing cavities and decay.
What is the refinement stage of Invisalign?
What are Invisalign refinements?
What are Invisalign refinements?
- Are small alterations your dentist will need to make to your aligners during treatment.
- Changes can be required in cases where the intended gap closing or tooth straightening isn’t being achieved.
- Your dentist will check your teeth and decide if there are any further changes needed.
Why do I need refinements?
- Refinements will only be required when your teeth aren’t correctly responding to treatment.
- As mentioned it is not always required, this is why it is important for you to keep up to date with your appointments.
What happens when I get refinements?
- Once your dentist has decided refinements are required they will take fresh molds of your teeth.
- From these molds, a fresh set of aligners will be issued to you.
- A new treatment plan may be agreed upon as a result.
- Your dentist may decide treatment needs to be extended.
- While this may not be great news at the time the results will speak for themselves.
- This is why It’s important to attend check-ups; If not attended, you could be delaying the alignment process.
This treatment works because it can easily camouflage itself with your teeth. Get a consultation for Invisalign today at iSmile by Dr. Sonia Olivares to get straighter teeth without suffering from the usual embarrassment of wearing braces. You’ll just have an improving smile from day to day, month to month, and year to year.